10.1.1.1 is a private address and you can use this address on a device or a local network. there are other IP addresses also that you can use instead of it. You can perform specific administrative tasks using this IP. This IP is used to set a network or private sorts.
It is used as a default IP for a router or other devices. This IP lets you access the router management page. This is why it comes under the class of default gateway. The operation of this IP is rather unique as it helps the user to allow or reject the devices which have this IP address that means if you want to get access to a router with this IP then you have to assign this IP to your device again. Other IPs serving the same purpose are 192.168.01 and 192.168.1.1.
Features of 10.1.1.1
1. 10.1.1.1 IP address comes under the class of 24-bit block of private addresses.
2. That means it can be used more than once.
3. It is an IPv4 class of address
4. It can not be accessed from any computer network easily using the internet.
5. 10.1.1.1 lets the user work easily because it makes the flow of data efficient.
6. Due to these functionalities, it leaves no scope of disturbance.
7. Any system can use the 10.1.1.1 IP address if it is supported by the network used.
It is mandatory to understand that if the 10.1.1.1 IP address is used, that doesn’t mean that the performance or security of the associated devices will be incremented.
The most famous router brands using this IP are Netgear, Linksys, iiNet, D-Link, and Belkin.
Find your Router’s IP
In order to access the IP 10.1.1.1 from your router, first, you should make sure if your router even uses it at all. This can be done using the following in Windows:
1. Use the command prompt in your windows device. (Shortcut- Windows key+R)
2. In the run box that opens, type CMD.
3. In the command window, enter ipconfig.
4. Press the enter key.
5. Thereafter, the IPv4 address will be displayed, along with the DNS server and Gateway.
In case you are a Mac user, follow these steps:
1. Open the system preferences option from the Apple menu.
2. Open the Internet and Wireless section and select the network preferences option.
3. Select the name of the network that you are aiming to connect through.
4. Select Advanced and followed by this, select TCP/IP tab.
5. When this tab opens, the IP address will be written in front of the heading that says Router.
How to Log in into IP 10.1.1.1?
In order to access the features offered by the IP 10.1.1.1, we need to log into it using the following steps-
1. Open your browser. In the address bar enter 10.1.1.1 and press enter.
2. The login page will appear.
3. You will be required to enter a username and password.
4. In case you have never changed the details, you can use the default sets of username passwords. You can refer to the list given below.
5. If you did reset it at some point but have forgotten it now, you can reset your router altogether. To do that, steps are given below.
6. After successfully logging in, you will be redirected to the router’s page where you can access network settings.
Default Username Password sets
If you have never changed the username password of your router below, these details can come to use:
Resetting your router
If you cannot login even after using the default sets, you may have to reset your router. Follow these steps to do so-
1. On the back or the button of your router, a black button must be present.
2. You need to hold that button down for 20 seconds.
3. Power on the router after doing so and attempt to login using the default sets given above.
If any problem still persists, contact the help center.
How to Troubleshoot IP 10.1.1.1?
Even after all these steps, there might be issues that arise while working with IP 10.1.1.1. We have curated a list of the troubleshooting techniques that you can use to fix those issues.
1. You might be making a manual error by typing 1 as I or l or by typing 0 as O. Rectify it. The best way to avoid this error is by copy-pasting the IP in the address bar.
2. It might be possible that 10.1.1.1 is not the designated IP for the brand or router that you are using. To find your IP, use the steps that have been mentioned above.
3. This IP can only be used by one user per network, so this should be kept in mind while working with 10.1.1.1 IP.
4. The time of allocation of IP 10.1.1.1 to the client should be the same as the router allocation time.
Using the IP 10.1.1.1 the user can make the settings clear which are related to administration, after logging in. 10.1.1.1 is a 24-bit block IP address which is private.
It can be used in both homes as well as in business networks.
We hope this article was useful to get a basic understanding of the operation of 10.1.1.1 IP.
If problems still persist, please contact the service center.