The 10.0.0.138 IP comes under the class of Default Gateway IPs because it is a login IP that is reserved for modems and wireless routers by default. This IP can be assigned to any local area devices. Only the devices that come under the network, can be connected to this IP. Devices using this IP are routers, webcams and modems.
This IP is used by the person who sets up the router, so as a normal user, you might not need to access this IP regularly, but in some cases, you might need to.
10.0.0.138 IP Features
1. Allows you to configure security settings like usernames and passwords.
2. Lets you change the number of devices which get to connect to your network.
3. You can manage and change the bandwidth based on your preference.
4. The transmission rate can be manipulated and experimented with.
The brands using this IP are
How to Login to IP 10.0.0.138?
To login to the IP 10.0.0.138, use these steps-
1. The first step is to ensure that the router is connected to your device either physically, or through a wireless connection. In case it is a physical connection, ensure that it is proper and in place.
2. Type 10.0.0.138 in the address bar of your browser.
3. When you press enter, it will automatically change to http://10.0.0.138 and the login page will appear.
4. Input your credentials. In case you have never changed them, you can use the default sets from the list given below.
5. In case you did change it and have forgotten it, don’t panic, you can reset them using the steps given below too.
After successfully logging into the IP 10.0.0.138, you can get access to all the settings that are managed under it.
Default Sets of Username and Passwords
In case you have never reset the password before, try looking for the user manual or a sticker on your router that might contain the credentials for it. But nevertheless, if you are unable to find the credentials, here is a default setlist for you to try-
6. admin/( written on the back of router on a label)
Using these sets you can log into the router if you never changed the password ever before.
Resetting your router
If you forgot the password and want to reset that info, you can follow these steps to do so-
1. First, you need to make sure that your router is powered on.
2. You need to locate a black button, which might be present at the back or at the bottom of your router.
3. To reset the modem, press that black button for 20-30 seconds. You can use a toothpick or a pin if necessary.
4. After this, your modem will get restored to factory settings.
5. An important part while going through this process is that when you reset your modem, all your custom settings get wiped off, so it is always better to take an expert or technician’s advice before doing it.
Troubleshooting IP 10.0.0.138
If even after successfully following the said steps, you are not able to log in to the IP 10.0.0.138, there might be some other issues that you need to solve before going further.
1. There can be an error in the address that you are typing like instead of 0 you might be typing O and instead of 1, you might be entering the letters I or l. Rectify those manual errors first.
2. If your router page is not loading altogether, it is because the IP 10.0.0.138 is not concerned with your device at all. You need to find the IP of your modem/router and then proceed.
3. You also need to ensure that your modem is connected to the Wifi to proceed.
4. If it is a physical connection, make sure that the wires are properly connected.
5. In case of a wireless connection, make sure that there is less attenuation.
These tricks should help, but if the problem still persists, contact a technician for further queries.
In this article, we tried to tell you the basic tips of dealing with IP 10.0.0.138. Not many people need to deal with this IP, but sometimes when you need access to admin settings, you can encounter this. You can change the SSID (name of WiFi), password and parental permissions using this IP.
After logging in this, you can see the navigation panel which helps you to manage data traffic, change settings and see the statistics that are related to your device.
If any problems persist, you can contact the help centre.